It is Southern Africa Youth Project Policy to strive and to ensure that Beneficiaries achieve the outcomes of, and gain Programmes and Qualifications for, Standards and Programmes and Qualifications registered on the NATIONAL QUALIFICATION FRAMEWORKS (NQF) AND INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMES STANDARDS (IPS) and to end ensure that fair and equitable Programme Assessment review and referral and qualification procedures implemented.
Management and staff of the Southern Africa Youth Project committee to the principles of Equity, redress, and inclusion. The policy is based on principles and values of access, equity and quality and addresses the visible and invisible barriers to learning and competence.
The Design, Implementation and Maintenance of the Programme Assessment, review and referral and Qualification System take into consideration the following guiding principles:
- Programme Assessment, review, and referral strategies holistic, Beneficiary-centre, and developmental and in keeping with the aims and outcomes of Programme s, Standards, and Programmes and Qualifications.
- It focuses on preparing candidates, assessing what they know and using the information to guide decisions around career-pathing and educational planning.
- Programme Assessment, review and referral is flexible, participative, and integrate.
- Candidates may participate in RPL for different purposes
- Personal development
- Certification of current skills and youth development without progression into a Programme
- Fast-tracking their progression through a Programme
- Career or job change
- Certificates, Diplomas and Degrees issue by NATIONAL QUALIFICATION FRAMEWORKS (NQF) AND INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMES STANDARDS (IPS) Qualification requirements.
- RPL Programme Assessment, review and referral of Beneficiaries include all parties appropriate to context and outcome, e.g. self, peers, evidence Staff and Facilitators, advisors, assessors, and moderators.
- Functions of Programme Assessment, review and referral and Advising is clearly define and not performed by the same person
- There is a structure Programme Assessment, review and referral appeals procedure implemented.
- There is an internal Programme Assessment, review and referral verification procedure implemented to ensure consistent Programme Assessment, evaluation, and referral across all assessors for a standard or qualification.
- Beneficiaries and Assessors provide with all relevant information concerning assessments, e.g. require learning outcomes, Programme Assessment, review and referral methods, Programme Assessment, evaluation and referral criteria, appeals procedures, dates, time, and venues.
- Beneficiaries receive comprehensive, detailed, and accurate feedback on their Learning progress, performance, and results.
- Beneficiary’s records, including a Client, Partnerships and Membership Database System, maintain, compatible with the relevant ACCREDITATION, MEMBERSHIP AND PARTNERSHIP BODY and NATIONAL QUALIFICATION AND PROGRAMMES ASSURANCE requirements.